Its first day of the new year, I wish all my readers a very Happy New Year.
And since we all are in last night party hangover (including me), I thought why not make a quick treat with a little twist and hence, Choco-Strawberry French Toast.
We all know how to make french toast. But why stick to old boring french toasts when we can do wonders with it?! So on a cold first morning morning of the year, I decided to reinvent the French toast.
The basic ingredients are as follows :-
- Eggs – 3
- Bread slices – 4
- Peanut Butter
- Strawberry Jam
- Strawberry Sauce (Home Made- I will post a separate post for the quick cheat on this)
- Chocolate Sauce
So once the Assembly is ready, lets start our quick preparation.
- Take a bowl and break open 3 eggs and beat them fluffy.
- Add 1 tsp of sugar and beat again.
- Dip each bread slice in the egg batter and put it straight on hot pan. You can grease the pan with butter if you want, but I am avoiding butter here.
- Roast the bread till bread forms a golden crust above it.
- Take the slices off pan and coat each slice with Jam and peanut butter. Be generous with peanut butter as it is the magic ingredient here.
- Put a layer of slice bananas between 2 slices and make a sandwich.
- Garnish your sandwich with Strawberry and Chocolate sauce and sprinkle some nuts for that extra crunch.
- Lastly just Dig into your hot and sweet Choco-Strawberry French Toast !!
You can club this delicious French toast with a hot cup of tea of coffee but my favorite is Hot Chocolate (Yumm).
So get groovy, experiment more with your French Toast and bring a new twist each time you make it. But do not forget to share your version of French Toasts with me.
May this year bring more such healthy and delicious treats like this.
With you all again a Happy New 2015 filled with Health, Wealth and Happiness.