No meal is complete without a good hearty sweet dish. We have a saying which says that, sweet dishes are king of every meal. No matter how crowded the street is, when king enters, the lane gets cleared itself. Likewise, no matter how full you are with food, sweets find their way to stomach automatically. Below is one recipe which will also make its way to your heart. The most famous Halwa with the flair of Almonds – Badam Halwa.
For Indians, Halwas are staple sweet dish. Not only they are easy to cook but they come with lot of variations. Here also I will guide you to make a very simple halwa with a slight variation by adding almonds (Badam) to it.
Ingredients are fairly simple and readily available in your kitchen. Let’s see what all:
- Ghee 4tbsp
- 10-12 Almonds (Peeled and Socked in water overnight)
- 1Cup Whole wheat
- Sugar 1 cup
- 4tsp milk
- Hot water 1 cup
- Cardamom Powder 1tsp
- 5-7 grated Almonds and Rose Petals for garnishing
- Take almonds and grind them in a mixer. Make a liquid paste by adding milk to it and keep aside.
- Take a pan and add ghee till it becomes hot. Now add the almond paste into the ghee and keep stirring till it becomes golden brown.
- Add mix whole wheat flour into this paste and keep stirring. Stir it till ghee leaves is corner and the paste turns into brown colour.
- Add 1 cup hot water into this mixture. Now mix it vigorously to avoid lumps formation.
- Once the water start absorbing, add sugar, cardamom powder and grated almond (leave some for decoration) at this moment.
- Serve hot with a little almond and rose petals garnishing.
Badam halwa is very rich in taste and is best to serve on special occasions. So next time when you are thinking of making a sweet dish, try this royal recipe and win hearts! Do write your sweet comments below for this sweet dish.
Quick tip: – Use egg beater to mix the water and mixture to avoid lumps. It has always worked for me.